Useful electronic components
After many years of accumulating electronic bits and pieces, I thought it may be useful to have a list of different components grouped by their purpose.
So here it is!
- SG90g - micro servo, useful for small loads
- LDX-227 - 15KG ~ of torque, useful for robotic applications because comes with brackets
- LD-20MG - 20KG torque servo
- PCA9685 - drives up to 16 servos
- 28BYJ-48 - a 5V stepper motor useful for small tasks
- NEMA17 - a classic
- NEMA23 - very beefy stepper motor
Stepper motor driversHave a look at this article on the arduino forum for a more in depth explanation.
- A4988 - used in most CNC and 3d printer machines, drives 1 stepper
- ULN2003 - Darlington Array driver, drives 1 stepper
- L298N - Dual H Bridge motor driver, drives 1 stepper, generally not a good choice since it requires more pins and cannot drive high voltages.
- Peristaltic pump - uses a dc motor (generally 12V) to pump a liquid through a tube, see my article
- GL5528 - acts as a variable resistor depending on the light that shines on it
PIR (passive infrared)
- HC-SR501 - the cheapest way for recognizing if someone enters a space
- INA219 - a very handy and cheap I2C device to measure the current absorption of your circuit